What do people dress up as for Halloween? Spotted at last night’s Virtual Insanity party:
- 2 gladiators
- a Disney-esque princess
- 2 belly-dancers
- a ninja
- Emily the Strange
- a pair of Al Capone-esque mobsters
- a Vietcong soldier
- a biker dude
- a pirate
- a junior college student and convent schoolgirl
- Phua Chu Kang! (though sans mole and bad perm)
- Morticia Addams
- Jason from Friday the 13th
- several cowboys, including one outfitted with a stuffed horse-head from Ikea, and a cowgirl (me)
I think the Emily the Strange outfit won the prize hands-down for the most spot-on and self-assembled get-up.
Over supper at the Beo Crescent Teochew moi (porridge) place later, there were a couple other people with blood-and-gore-smeared faces. Pretty surreal for Tiong Bahru at 2 am.
Besides the usual costume shops, it seems that Far East Plaza was a good place to hit for D-I-Y costumes. The friend of mine who came as a vampire bought the entire outfit at Lips. Lips! I haven’t been there since I was in secondary school in the late ’80s.